THE LAND OF SAI

On 13th march, I boarded the train that took me too shirdi. It was my first trip to the land of Sai Baba. 22 hours of journey had kept me ambit from my god father. The next day I reached shirdi in the evening. As I got down from the train I looked around and felt the breezing cold wind on my face as if Sai Baba has himself come to redeem me and wanted to embrace me.

By 9.15 we entered shirdi checked in the hotel, were deep neck tired but still wanted to have a glimpse of Sai who had called us from the capital city. The morning prayer had to start at 4 so by 3 we all were ready .As soon as I entered the Samadhi temple I was delighted thinking that I have marked my first presence to god but I was taken aback when I noticed almost 500 devotees were ahead of me. This is the kind of devotion towards Sai.

After completing our darshan the next destination was Mumbai ‘THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS’ .Indeed it is a verily statement and you can only agree to it once you reach there. Scorching heat reminded me of my home town as during the month of March cold winds are wafting in the air.

Unknown about so many places a driver from Punjab who stayed in Mumbai helped us to locate all those places which were new to us. Gateway of India, chopatti, bandra, sea link, Kolaba were some places we visited.

The best thing which had sweeped my heart was it’s a safe city for women ,unlike in Delhi were you have to be cautious of rowley people who can verbally make you the target and you end up feeling like a sheep who is surrounded by wild male animals.

The next day we boarded the flight back to Delhi I could see the lightning city, busy people fading away from my vision. Though when I came back to Delhi my heart and my mind was still in Mumbai. If given a chance to go back I will surely make my presence there. Indeed it is a place which cannot be forgotten easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The White Tiger" nominated in Oscars 2021, Not something to be proud of.

"Kapoor and Sons"----- Movie Review

Homosexuals are NOT criminals